Pages Navigation Menu

Come spend the weekend with Caroline!

Henderson

A small village midway between Goldsboro and Marydel in northern Caroline County, Henderson was originally known as Melville’s Crossroads. The community developed around a stagecoach stop and a post office during the mid 19th century. With the advent of the railroad in 1868, the stagecoach service ended and the post office moved to the east side of town near the railroad where this quiet village was renamed Henderson. Caroline’s relaxing rural byways wind through many hospitable hamlets like this one.

Henderson